various tools against a white background


Housing and Food Services employs two general maintenance employees to work on daily and routine residence hall problems. Some issues require outside vendors. Housing and Food Services contracts with other Penn State departments and vendors to address certain areas, such as wireless networks, laundry facilities, and card access.

Emergency Contacts

Housing and Food Services 814-949-5713
Residence Life 814-949-5710
University Police 814-949-5222

Maintenance Requests

You can submit routine maintenance requests online or you can call Housing and Food Services during normal business hours at 814-949-5713.

What is the difference between routine repairs and emergencies?

Routine Repairs are problems that can be scheduled to be fixed and do not require immediate attention. Examples include a burned-out light bulb, problems with the refrigerator/microwave unit, or a torn window screen. Emergencies include anything that needs to be fixed immediately. Emergency repair examples include the following:

  • Loss of hot or cold water
  • Loss of heat
  • Loss of steam supply
  • Loss of electricity (beyond normal power outages)
  • Electrical hazard
  • Flooding or major leak
  • Fire
  • Gas leak
  • Any condition that represents an imminent threat or potential hazard to the community
  • Glass window breakage that is a potential safety and/or security hazard
  • Pest emergencies (bats, bees, etc.)

See above for emergency phone contacts.



For lockouts or lock problems, contact Housing and Food Services at 814-949-5713 during normal business hours. After hours, contact University Police at 814-949-5222.